If you suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome there are some extra steps that you can take to prevent hand pain. Carpal tunnel syndrome occurs when there is pressure on the median nerve in your wrist. It can result in numbness, tingling sensations, or pain in the hand.
All of the hand pain relief methods mentioned in this article are useful if you suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome. However, it is especially important to avoid activities that cause repetitive strain.
What is necessary to prevent pain if you have carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Regularly exercise your hands, wrists, and arms to keep them strong and flexible
- When working at a desk, keep your wrists straight or only slightly bent
- Change your hand positions often or switch hands if possible
- If you tend to retain fluid, then reduce your salt intake
- For sleeping, a wrist splint can help to prevent hand pain
To Learn More About Easing Pain From Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, (Click Here)
Image courtesy of Ales Cerin at FreeDigitalPhotos.net