What's All the Buzz About Hemp Oil?
Why are people increasingly choosing hemp oil over their conventional pain treatment? Well, when looking at the benefits and lack of side effects, it is a no brainer!
Hemp oil’s ability to treat chronic and damaging pain has been backed by extensive scientific evidence:
1. In a 2013 study conducted by Rosenfield and Fine, doctors specialized in pain research and management, the naturally occurring cannabinoids in hemp, also known as phytocannabinoids, proved to be highly efficient in the treatment of numerous chronic pain conditions in both animal and human studies
2. An article published by Klein and Newton in 2007, members of the University of South Florida’s department of molecular medicine, showed that hemp regulates both physiological pain AND underlying inflammation.
3. The American Association of Neurology published a paper in 2014 on the effectiveness of hemp oil on the pain relief associated with neurological disorders, such as MS.
4. There are now over SIXTY Peer Review studies on the medicinal qualities of hemp extracts in various medical diseases.
But How Does It Work?
Hemp oil interacts with our Endocannabinoid System, or ECS. The ECS is responsible for a plethora of roles within the body, but all of which have a common goal: homeostasis. In other words, the ECS ensures our body’s internal environment stays balanced regardless to any external changes. This is crucial for maintaining good health and pain management.
There is an incredible amount of endocannabinoids and their receptors throughout our bodies, including in the brain, organs, glands, connective tissues, and even immune cells. Cannabinoids, the active compounds found in the hemp plant, are responsible for communicating between these receptors and the surrounding cells. You can think of this conversation as the cannabinoids telling the body to relax and STOP the pain.
In more detail, once the hemp reaches the receptors, a signal is received to disable the protein responsible for producing arachidonic acid, otherwise known as the cause of pain and inflammation. In short, hemp does not just simply cover up pain like many of the drugs used today, but instead truly stops pain at the source!
Why TOPICAL Hemp Oil?
When hemp oil is absorbed into the skin, it directly works with the ECS to target the C1 and C2 receptors. That may sound insignificant, but it most certainly is not. The C1 and C2 receptors are found throughout the entire body, but with high concentrations in the brain and immune system. This is where the conversation begins between the cannabinoids and the pain receptors.
This method is especially effective by offering a fast pain relief for difficult-to treat pain, pressure, and stiffness without nasty side effects!
If all of that wasn’t enough, there’s MORE! Hemp oil is full of essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and an impressive list of vitamins and minerals to nourish your skin.
The additional benefits of hemp oil include:
- Muscle relaxant properties
- Anxiety reduction
- Decrease in depression
- Migraine relief
- Reduced fear of touch
- It is non-psychotropic
What are you waiting for?
Real Time Pain Relief not only cares about the quality ingredients that go into each and every one of our products – but also about the people who buy them. We hope this blog becomes a valued resource for your own personal journey to better health. For more than 17 years, Real Time Pain Relief has provided family safe pain relief made with Nature’s Ingredients. From the useful information in our articles to our high-quality natural products, we hope you feel better and pass it on!