For those who toss and turn all night, it may be hard to maintain a regular sleeping position or routine. But, if you are already switching to different positions throughout the night, it is a sign that you are not sleeping comfortably anyway. There are some tricks to help you solve this problem and get a good night’s rest, while maintaining proper posture.
- First, assess your mattress and make sure that it has proper back support. Often those who are experiencing back pain prefer a firmer mattress to support their back muscles.
- The best position to sleep in is on your back; it allows all of your muscles to rest evenly.
- Try to avoid sleeping on your stomach because it can wreak havoc on your spine.
- If you feel that you can only sleep on your side, try placing a small pillow in between your knees. This will help to keep the spine properly aligned as you sleep.
- Speaking of pillows, are you using too much or not enough? Too much will cause some misalignment issues, and not enough pillow support will add strain on your neck and shoulders.