The purpose of the toe stretch is to keep the toes flexible and provide overall benefits to the feet.
There is no special equipment that is needed for this exercise.
How to do the exercise:
- Sit in a chair with one leg crossed over the other one, with one ankle rested on the other knee.
- Interlace the fingers from your opposite hand with the toes (i.e. right foot and left hand). It should look like you are 'holding hands' with your foot!
- Squeeze your fingers and toes together. Hold for around 10 seconds.
- Stretch wide for around 10 seconds.
- Repeat 3 times for each foot.
This can be carried out daily.
Benefits to the feet
This is a very relaxing exercise for the feet. It can ease the discomfort and pain from being on your feet for an extended time. It helps to maintain mobility and prevent stiffness or discomfort in the feet.